FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are three levels of Membership at IEA.
Student Members, Professional Members and Allied Professionals
Am I Eligible for Membership?
Past and present IEA board members, faculty and students who have completed their coursework are all eligible for professional membership at IEA. Other psychoanalysts who are interested can contact our membership chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are The Benefits of Becoming an IEA Member?
There are many benefits to being an IEA member:
- Opportunity to teach classes, mentor, analyze and supervise analysts in training at IEA.
- Opportunity to be involved in committees or run/serve on the IEA Board of Directors.
- Opportunity to attend or present at IEA Creative Seminar Series events.
- Opportunities for further professional training/CEUs at no additional cost.
- Subscription to weekly email blast.
- Opportunity to list your events/announcements for free.
- National and local advocacy around government affairs in the analytic community, in conjunction with other psychoanalytic groups.
- Listing in online, searchable IEA Membership Directory.
- Eligibility to be affiliated with IEA’s consultation center.
- 10. Publicize events for free via IEA’s ads in NAAP.
How Much Does it Cost?
Professional Membership dues cost $200 yearly. Allied Professionals (anyone with a NYS license to practice psychotherapy) pay annual dues of $75 and can post on the listserve and advertise in the newsletter for free. They also receive a reduced rate for any of our Creative Seminar Series events. Senior members (above 70 years) pay annual dues of $100. Current IEA students may join as members without charge.
Members can log onto the website to renew and/or pay membership dues. For more information contact email@example.com.
How do I Maintain my IEA Membership?
Dues must be paid annually and membership at IEA is by calendar year. You may join in the middle of the year, but dues are not pro-rated.
Where do I pay my membership dues?
IEA encourages online payments using our secure payment link which can be found in the member’s section of IEA’s website. If paying by check, please make checks payable to Institute for Expressive Analysis with “membership dues” written in the memo and mail it to:
Kristin Long, DPsa, LCAT, LP
222 West 14th Street 6C
NY, NY 10011